We are always looking for talented people to join our team!
Watts Equipment maintains a professional environment with a family atmosphere. Our success stems from not just great customers, but great team members. Our staff is a direct reflection of our continued growth as a company. Which is why we have a continuous training program for all our staff members. Whether it is technical skills, individual growth, or leadership. Your success means a successful team. If you are looking for a solid company to join, then please use the links below to apply.
Field Service Technician
Field Service Technician
Job Title: Field Service Technician
Reports To: Service Manager
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair Crown, Toyota, and other makes of lift trucks.
- Perform planned maintenance on all lift truck makes.
- Travel from job site to job site, using a company owned vehicle, also used for transporting his/her tools and/or equipment to the job site.
- Maintain and manage paperwork
- Follow all related safety regulations and techniques as outlined in the employee manual and within our company safety regulations.
- Must have the ability to diagnose and solve problems from non-technical descriptions provided by the customer.
- Field Service Technician must be able to manage service calls that require more time than anticipated without becoming frustrated or rushing through a job.
- Must follow all procedures when disposing of hazardous waste and materials.
- Must be able to read and understand service manuals.
- Must keep the company service vehicle clean and organized at all times.
- Must be detail orientated, able to keep accurate records.
- Must possess superb customer service, able to communicate clearly to customers.
- Must be able to quote repairs accurately.
- Must be able to read and understand hydraulic and electrical schematics.
- Must be able to troubleshoot equipment with little to no supervision.
- Able to work independently in most cases.
- Must maintain a valid class “C” driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must have the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of employees within the company. Employees include but not limited to other technicians, office staff, CSS, managers, employees at the customer’s location.
- Must possess his/her own set of tools ranging from standard to some specialty tools “ie” volt meters required for lift truck maintenance.
- Diagnose and repair all types of lift trucks not limited to Crown and Toyota.
- Perform Plan Maintenance.
- Disassemble and reassemble lift trucks to its original safe operation at a customer location, while maintaining a clean work area.
- Travel from job site to job site.
- Staying current with both E-learning and classroom training.
- High school diploma or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Four (4) years of lift truck experience.
Territory Sales Manager
Territory Sales Manager
Job Title: Territory Sales Manager
Job Type: Full Time, Salary + Commission
Supervisor: Sales Manager
Job Hours: Exempt/Commission
Job Summary: Territory Sales Managers are responsible for growing Watts Equipment’s customer base by selling new material handling equipment, used equipment, parts, rental sales and racking/warehouse systems in an assigned territory within San Joaquin or Stanislaus County.
- Expand the customer base by selling new and used equipment in San Joaquin County.
- Work to exceed annual business plan and goals. Provide daily updates on achievements through CRM.
- Be an effective business partner to customers and prospects by understanding their business needs and striving to exceed customer expectations; promote Watts Equipment as a “solutions provider” to the customer/prospects.
- Actively solicit new business through cold calling. Qualify all leads within 12 hours. Answer emails and voicemails within 4 hours.
- Create new equipment quotes in SAP system. Exceed the designated minimum number of quotes per month, as set by management.
- Promote and sell Watts Equipment’s Full and Complete Maintenance.
- Understand and present financial merchandising solutions, prepare credit applications and product surveys; and evaluate off-lease and trade-in equipment.
- Utilize CRM to manage contacts and leads, prospects, call activity, quotes, sales documentation, internal communications, post-sale follow-up, surveys and lost orders.
- Manager Customer Satisfaction Program (CSP) survey verification process, meeting or exceeding the 11-day verification requirement. Keep close contact with customers to troubleshoot issues and help ensure positive survey results.
- Utilize available technology to be a more effective and efficient resource to Watts Equipment, its customers and prospects.
- Ensure professional development by participating in Training.
- Be open to coaching by Sales manager and other managers.
- High School Graduate or equivalent required/Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years of material handling industry knowledge and outside sales skills experience strongly preferred.
- Strong computer skills including intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook; plus, a working knowledge of SAP.
- Strong financial merchandizing skills.
- Strong written and oral communication, organizational and time/territory management skills
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented personality and ability to work independently with minimal personal. Must be able to work long hours.
- Valid CA driver’s license with good driving record.
- Obtain and keep current OSHA forklift driver certification.
- Base Salary, plus commission
- Company truck, cell phone, and laptop provided
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits after 90 days
- 401K after 90 days
- Excellent Bonus Program